How to Dance Solo to Jazz
The pandemic has kept us off the dance floor, and it’s about time that we dust off those jazz pants and get moving a bit – safely, of course. May is Frankie Month, in celebration of Frankie Manning’s birthday, so we’ll be kicking off with some Frankie-inspired solo jazz moves in honour of the great Lindy Hop Ambassador.
This is a solo class, so you won’t be attached to another human while dancing. No dance experience needed, everything we do will be beginner friendly and at a gentle pace. Each class will be different, and you don’t have to come to all of them.
For those of you who have a bit more experience, we’ll offer some variations for you to try.
Space is limited, due to Covid precautions.
Class 1 (15 May): Learn the #DanceWithFrankie TikTok routine
Class 2 (22 May): Solo 30s Charleston
When & Where:
- Saturdays, 15 May – 5 June, 14h30-15h45 (please arrive on time!)
- Kalk Bay Community Centre
Pricing & Payment:
- Single class: R100 per person
- Take this class and get 50% off the Swing Out Refresher class (email us)
- All four classes: R360 (save 10%)
- Pay online, right here, using PayFast (credit card or EFT) or your existing class credit (email us if you’re not sure) – no cash will be accepted at the venue
- If cash flow is an obstacle, please pop us an email, we’d be happy to work something out
What to bring:
- Comfy shoes that you can dance in (sneakers and formal shoes are great, low vintage style heels are fine too)
- A face mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Your own hand sanitiser
- A water bottle
- You must register and pay for the class online beforehand.
- There will be a sign-in and symptom-check at the door, with hand sanitiser.
- Face masks that cover the nose and mouth will be compulsory: anyone not abiding by this will be asked to leave.