Intermediate Lindy Hop & Solo Charleston/Jazz
Swing Fam, are you ready to get back into dancing? Our long-time regulars have been off the dance floor for a good 18 months, and it’s about time we dust off those shoes and twist those rusty hips! Join us in Rosebank for Thursday evening lindy hop and solo jazz classes: take both classes and get 50% off the second one.
When & Where:
- Thursdays, 12 August – 2 September, 18h00-19h00 (Lindy Hop, partner required) & 19h15-20h15 (Solo Charleston/Jazz)
- Rosebank Methodist Church Hall, 2 Chapel Rd, Rosebank
18h00-19h00: Lindy Hop
Over this series of partnered classes, we’ll recap and practice some core vocab to make for fun social lindy hop dances. Each class will be a bit different, and you don’t have to come to all of them. With Covid precautions in place, these classes must be taken with a set partner, and there will be no rotation in class. Register with a partner, stick with that partner.
19h15-20h15: Solo Charleston/Jazz
Over this series of solo classes, we’ll learn and practice solo charleston & solo jazz moves, built into mini-routines that you can practice at home. Each class will be different, and you don’t have to come to all of them. Since this is a solo class, you won’t be attached to another human while dancing.
Space is limited, due to Covid precautions.
Pricing & Payment:
- Single class: R100 per person
- Both classes: R150 (50% off the second class)
- Pay online, right here, using PayFast (credit card or EFT) or your existing class credit (email us if you’re not sure) – no cash will be accepted at the venue
What to bring:
- Comfy shoes that you can dance in (sneakers and formal shoes are great)
- A face mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Your own hand sanitiser
- A water bottle
- You must register and pay for the class online beforehand.
- There will be a sign-in and symptom-check at the door, with hand sanitiser.
- Face masks that cover the nose and mouth will be compulsory: anyone not abiding by this will be expected to leave.