Swing Out Refresher
It’s been more than a year, and your swing outs are probably rusty. Ours are, too! Or, you’re new to lindy hop and want to learn how to swing out from scratch! This class is for you 🙂
With Covid precautions in place, these classes must be taken with a set partner, and there will be no rotation in class. Come with a partner, stick with that partner. If you don’t already have a dance buddy who wants to learn the opposite role to you (i.e. to make a lead-follow pair – we suggest posting in our Facebook community to find somebody!
This is a 4-week series of classes that will focus on swing outs. Each class will be different, and you don’t have to come to all of them. We’ll be covering basic footwork to start off each class, and then we’ll try different figures each time and discover great music.
All the material will be beginner-friendly, and for those who have a bit more experience, you’ll be able to practice with your partner and get personalised feedback.
Space is limited, due to Covid precautions.
Class 1: Basic footwork and building to a swing out.
Class 2: Swivels & juicy styling
When & Where:
- Saturdays, 15 May – 5 June, 16h00-17h15 (please arrive on time!)
- Kalk Bay Community Centre
Pricing & Payment:
- Single class: R100 per person
- Take this class and get 50% off the Solo Jazz class (email us)
- All four classes: R360 (save 10%)
- Pay online, right here, using PayFast (credit card or EFT) or your existing class credit (email us if you’re not sure) – no cash will be accepted at the venue
- If cash flow is an obstacle, please pop us an email, we’d be happy to work something out
What to bring:
- Comfy shoes that you can dance in (sneakers and formal shoes are great, low vintage style heels are fine too)
- A face mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Your own hand sanitiser
- A water bottle
- You must register and pay for the class online beforehand.
- There will be a sign-in and symptom-check at the door, with hand sanitiser.
- Face masks that cover the nose and mouth will be compulsory: anyone not abiding by this will be asked to leave.